Find Your Opportunities
Job Opening at
2023 Visual Designer/Graphic Design Intern (Part-time)
2023 VISUAL DESIGNER/GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN (PART-TIME)
NOVEMBER 2023 - APRIL 2024
CincyTech is a venture capital firm with a mission to elevate compelling, regional innovations that tackle the world’s complex challenges. We partner early to help transform ideas into world-class companies.
CincyTech provides the following services:
- Provide seed and early stage venture investment.
- Create communities around our companies that are enrolled in the same vision.
- Management assistance to help accelerate the growth of promising technology companies.
- Capital formation assistance to raise follow-on rounds of capital from angel and institutional investors regionally and nationally.
CincyTech is looking for a visual designer/graphic design intern to create and maintain graphic design content for branded communications and marketing tools as well as assist in photo editing for the website, social media graphics, and other print materials. Brand guidelines have been established and we’re looking for a detail-oriented, creative individual who can assist in updating our materials as well as create materials from scratch based on brand guidelines.
- Create and design print and digital materials such as advertisements, one-pagers, and at times assist with presentation materials
- Create weekly social media graphics for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in coordination with the content and PR calendar
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager & Partners to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the team and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- 10-20 Hours a week
- Available to begin immediately through March or April 2023
- Graphic Design major preferred
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Google Slides and Illustrator
- Strong creative, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work remotely with a small team and function rather independently, while knowing when to raise questions when help is needed
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Finalizing the design of our CincyTech Brand Book - includes working directly with Sr. Manager of Marketing & Communications to finalize overall look and ensure proper words and copy are in the brand book before rolling out to the CincyTech team
- Weekly Social Media Graphics and designs based on weekly projects and initiatives/goals for the week and month [~10 hrs per week depending on # of social posts and PR coverage as we pitch and get our name out there more]
- Edits to photos on website including gradient backgrounds added to new intern/employee photos, all advisory board [Hrs dependent upon week - but upfront, this may take ~10-20 hrs, would need to confirm with student]
- Creation of one-pagers for core audiences inside of Canva but discuss with student if it’s better in Illustrator and if so, why.
- 2023 annual report and 2024 financial report covers
- Creation of visual presentation with animated elements for traveling tradeshow/booth purposes
- Two pop up banners that only need to be updated once or twice a year
- Potential mock ups of ½ page and full page advertisements
- Assist in establishing primary and secondary colors with Sr. Marketing Manager and when to use these colors
If interested in applying for our part-time Visual Designer/Graphic Intern role, please complete the form here: https://airtable.com/appVb9yl6JL9Zk1j5/pagf59is2I7fxnL72/form